All around you, opportunities exist to gain valuable sportscasting experience. Many high schools, junior colleges, and even some small colleges are currently without announcers for their men’s and women’s sports teams.
That means less exposure for their school and teams. That also means less sorely needed revenue to support their programs.
If approached properly, do you think the athletic directors would be interested to hear your plan to announce their games, promote their school AND provide a new revenue stream for their program – at no cost or risk to them?
Of course they’d be interested – as would you, if approached with a similar win/win proposition.
I just finished my first regular H.S. football season w/ Rob Ryan at Clear Channel and it was a ball! I just wanted to say thank you for the opportunities that I would not have had if I had not participated in your wonderful service.
“How to Secure Local Sports Broadcasting Rights”
Even though opportunities to broadcast exist all around you, there’s a right way and a wrong way to approach schools and semi-pro teams about working with you.
If you unintentionally approach them the wrong way, you’ll come off as a rank amateur. School and team administrators will in no way want their programs promoted by a rank amateur.
You can avoid being perceived as a rank amateur by leveraging SMG’s 19 years of experience in securing broadcasting rights, AND discover how to create an income while you learn.
Once enrolled, you can expect to know:
- How to identify and choose a profitable sports property
- Who the perfect initial person to contact would be (Note: This will surprise you)
- How to motivate the school or team to gladly provide you with sponsors
- Where to find sponsors who will pay you for years
- Free and low-cost places to host your TV or radio shows & games for listeners
- How to raise sponsorship funds without selling a thing
- How much to charge sponsors
- Exact equipment you will need
In addition, you’ll receive;
- Sample agreement forms to present schools or teams – just fill in the blanks
- Sample rate cards with sponsorship options
- Blueprints for increasing local and national exposure for your sponsors (hint: SMG’s Internet marketing program will naturally attract sponsors to you)
“How can I know this really works?”
- SMG Founder, Michael Madden, began securing broadcasting rights to local high school and junior college teams in Southern Maryland in 1991. Over nearly 10 years, Michael discovered ways to attract sponsors to call him and pay to have their business promoted.
- SMG mentor, Rob Buska, provided a full-time income for his family by securing broadcasting rights in Southern California. Some of the rights Rob has secured over the years include Cal State Fullerton baseball and basketball, Cal State Long Beach baseball, Mater Dei and Santa Margarita football, as well as the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes. Matter of fact, Rob was the Cal State Fullerton announcer when they won the 2004 NCAA College World Series. All of this stemmed from a job Rob created for himself, after spotting the opportunity.
- Roy Englebrecht, owner of the Sportscasting Camps of America, began securing local broadcasting rights dating back to the 1980’s. Roy loves to tell a story of securing the rights to UC Irvine’s basketball games – immediately naming himself the announcer – then auctioning off his co-host position to the highest bidder (on a game-by-game basis).
- SMG student Dan Flickenger applied our sports broadcasting rights principles and is being paid over $11,000 by Le Moyne College to announce 25 games – before even completing his SMG training.
- SMG student Matthew Spain acquired the rights to announce football games for Yorba Linda high school in Southern California … less than a month after starting his training.
Here are your options for the various packages…
The “Mega Insider” plan offers individualized guidance and personalized counsel each step of the way.
SMG understands that some broadcasters may not need our “Supreme Insider” or “Ultra Insider” training programs. Others choose to add the “Mega Insider” training to their three or six month training program.
Lastly, some may just want to learn the step-by-step, comprehensive details about how to secure and monetize broadcasting rights as a stand-alone service, and go on their own.
Regardless, all “Mega Insider” students receive:
- Your own step-by-step manual for securing broadcasting rights
- 100% of all sponsorship funds raised
- Six months of Group Mastermind Conference Calls for networking – and idea exchange – with an SMG sportscaster experienced in securing broadcasting rights
- Michael Madden’s insightful “Road Map to Broadcasting Rights Success” audio seminar
- Sample agreement forms to present schools or teams (after modification)
- Sample rate cards with sponsorship options
- Blueprints for increasing local and national exposure for your sponsors
- Low and no-cost resources and online radio stations to host your games
“Mega Insider” Training Program: $2997 Do-it-yourself package.
Private Coaching and Mentoring Options:
You may not be a do-it-yourself type of person. That’s fine. SMG will pair you up with a sportscasting mentor to provide a little handholding until you become established.
What you can expect from your mentor includes…
- Assistance in identifying profitable local programs to approach
- Assurance that you’ll have the right equipment
- Help with identifying local sponsors and advertisers to approach
- Insight into rates to set
- Six or 12 one-hour meetings with your mentor, depending upon the package purchased
Mega Insider with six meetings: $3597
Mega Insider with 12 meetings: $3997
Note: 12 meeting package includes private play-by-play coaching and critiques of broadcasts, in addition to the above.
SMG offers huge discounts on regular rates by adding the “Mega Insider” training to your “Ultra Insider” or “Supreme Insider” training program.
SMG Guarantees that every student who applies the step-by-step principals included in the “Mega Insider” training program will be working as a sports broadcaster. If not, one of our sportscasting mentors will personally assist you until you are working as a sportscaster.