Quick summary of what’s on this page:
- How each step of SMG’s Four Step Job Placement Program works, in detail.
- Bonus paid to your mentor when you land a job for which he or she recommended you.
- What critical questions you MUST ask any broadcasting schools about job placement before you sign up.
- How SMG’s one student at a time program is superior to other schools’ mass job placement efforts.
- How to obtain lifetime job placement assistance from SMG.
SMG has a highly structured and thoroughly comprehensive Four step job placement program that gives you a distinct advantage over other job seekers.
These four steps have been identified as the hottest sources for job leads because they leverage SMG’s and your mentor’s personal relationships. By accessing our network of influential industry contacts on your behalf, you get your foot in the door.
I just spent $10,000 on a trade school in Texas. TEN THOUSAND FREAKIN BUCKS! not to mention the the seven to eight hours a day (after an eight hour work day) for nine months to be great at it. For what? My school’s job placement program was missing one thing “JOB PLACEMENT.” I wish I had of known about your school before enrolling in the one I did.
Discover SMG’s Four Step Job Placement Program:
- Cash bonus for your mentor.
Your mentor is paid a very healthy hiring bonus for recommending your hire at the station in which you’re training (if your work ethic and attitude towards learning makes you worthy of his/her recommendation). Mentors are like any other teachers – they take great pride and joy in seeing their students succeed. Your success becomes personal to them, as your success in many ways becomes a reflection of their knowledge and teaching ability. Typically, when openings occur inside their radio station, they’ll likely know about it and will approach the program director on your behalf.
- Cash bonus for being hired outside your training station. Since no one can predict when a job may open at your training station, your mentor is paid an employment bonus for getting you hired outside their immediate station, as well.You’re now accessing their personal relationships and contacts in the local broadcasting community to work on your behalf. Imagine the advantage this creates for you when they become aware of job openings through friends and colleagues, and personally recommend YOU for hiring.
- SMG’s vast network of contacts working on your behalf. SMG’s network consists of influential broadcasters and industry contacts in hundreds of stations throughout the United States and Canada. In the event your mentor is not aware of any job openings during your training, SMG will access our extensive database of broadcasting contacts on your behalf.Each of our contacts also has their own network of contacts, as well. Do the math! Your chances vastly improve when you have a whole network of connected contacts working on your behalf.
- SMG owns our own broadcasting job board. SMG is the only broadcasting school or university in the entire industry that owns their own dedicated broadcasting job board for students. Because we own the highly trafficked TVandRadioJobs.com job boards, our students gain priority access immediately to jobs whenever they become available in your area. Before jobs are posted on the board for all to see, they need to be approved. Guess who approves them for posting? We do. And guess who has access to openings in your area before anyone else? That’s right. You do! Plus, your demo and resume will be hosted on the site until you’re hired – FREE – for program directors who are searching for talent. (Note: Both job boards are currently undergoing site redesigns and being converted to private membership sites. Our programmers expect completion by mid-late summer).
Compare SMG’s strategic four step job placement program with other sports broadcasting school or university programs. No contest.
With SMG, and only SMG, you receive:
- Lifetime job placement assistance for all six month “Ultra-Insider” students and one year job placement assistance for three month “Supreme insider” students.
- A highly visible job board to post your demo materials – exclusively for hiring program directors’ eyes.
- Direct access to SMG’s vast network of industry contacts throughout the US and Canada.
Motivated mentors who are industry insiders working on your behalf to see that you’re hired locally.
- Mentors with direct access to decision makers – recommending YOU for employment consideration (if worthy, of course).
- Mentors who are professionally and financially motivated to see that you’re hired. Your success is also theirs! Is it any wonder they’re willing to go to bat for you!
- Are you starting to see the employment advantages SMG offers that separates you from other employment seeking students and broadcasters?
Here’s the dirty little secret in the broadcasting schools community regarding job placement assistance:
Ask any of the others broadcasting schools or mentor/apprentice program to show you what their job placement strategy involves.
The truth is – most don’t have a detailed job placement plan they can show you BEFORE you’ve paid your tuition. Instead, you’re likely to get a lot of smooth sales talk and promises of assistance after graduation.
Trust, but verify, when comparing job placement programs.
When graduation comes, they’ve made the same job placement promise to all of your classmates in that one community. Why would they work any harder for you than they would your 15 or 20 other classmates? Worse yet, what are the chances that 15 or 20 jobs will open up at the same time in your area after graduation?
Through SMG, your mentor and we have one person in your area to assist in landing a job. You!