"Sports Broadcasting Training Now Offered in Real Radio Stations"
SMG's one-on-one, six-month training program is where sports broadcasting careers begin
"SMG student Justin Hoke
at KFXX with
Portland Trail Blazers coach,
Have you wondered how sports broadcasting careers begin, but never knew exactly how it was best done?
Turning your dream into reality is very possible, but take it from those who know- you'll need more than luck.
You'll also need more than just skills for sports broadcasting. And gone are the days when a snazzy demo tape and resume alone will open doors for you.
In today's world of sports broadcasting, you need passion, a strong work ethic, dedication, and the most difficult of all ingredients to get - Insider access and contacts.
Biggest Challenge To Becoming A Sports Broadcaster?
The biggest challenge everyone faces when sports broadcasting careers begin is in making industry contacts. Just having sports broadcasting skills with no insider contacts, or insider contacts with no sports broadcasting skills, will do you little good.
You need both in order to stand a fighting chance of ever realizing your dream of becoming a successful sports broadcaster.
It should be obvious why acquiring announcing skills are a must. You're in the communications business, and proper communication skills are a large part of the job requirements. Not so obvious to some, however, is the importance of establishing relationships with influential industry contacts as soon as possible.
The reason is simple. Sports broadcasting is a competitive business. After all, who WOULDN'T want to get paid to talk sports every day, call play-by-play of the Super Bowl, World Series, announce courtside from the NBA finals, or just call sporting events for local teams?
Some sportscasting jobs may literally have hundreds of applicants vying for one prized position. Many other sportscasting jobs never open up because they were filled from within before being posted.
Simply by taking SMG's six-month "Ultra-Insider" training program - you'll already be within the radio station, or training with a team's play-by-play announcer, when jobs open up.
Think about it. One positive recommendation to management about your sports broadcasting skills - from a trusted employee who is personally training you - is an advantage that few other candidates will enjoy when any sports broadcasting job becomes available.
Can you now see why having insider contacts is every bit as important as having solid broadcasting skills?
Develop Sports Broadcasting Skills AND Insider Contacts?
The question you need to first answer becomes "How can I develop my sports broadcasting announcing skills AND make insider contacts at the same time?"
If your answer is 'college broadcasting', think again. You'll make some contacts in college radio or TV, but few - or none - in the real world of sports broadcasting.
The same sad truth holds true for traditional brick-and-mortar broadcasting schools. The leap from the broadcasting school classroom to the broadcasting booth is one that you'll have to navigate on your own, since they operate in two different worlds.
This is exactly why you need an advantage - an "Insider" advantage - which puts you on the fast track to sports broadcasting success.
Introducing ... The "Ultra-Insider" Six Month Sports Broadcasting Training Program - which gives you that insider advantage.
"Hands-on Sports Broadcasting School"
Because of the hands-on training and on-the-job insider access you gain, you immediately become an "Ultra-Insider" into the sportscasting industry. You'll also begin your training in a local sports radio station of your choosing.
A sportscaster from that station will serve as your own personal mentor-instructor. And with the SMG program, your training is customized around your specific interests and availability.
- YOU choose the radio station or sports team to train with in all 50 states, and in over 312 markets throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- YOU choose your training days and training times.
- YOU choose the format - Play-by-Play, sports talk show hosting, color analyst, or sideline reporting - based upon your goals and interests.
- YOU don't need to relocate
What makes SMG different?
- SMG is the ONLY all Sports Broadcasting School in the U.S.
- You choose a local sports radio station or team to train with
- You set your training schedule
- No need to relocate
- You host your own online sports radio show during training
"It's not WHAT you know, but WHO you know!"
In sports broadcasting, the greatest hurdles you face is 'getting your foot in the door' for your first job. To make that happen, you greatly benefit from any advantage that enables employers to become aware of who you are, and what type of abilities you have.
To get your "foot in the door", you'll need a sound strategy.
The "Ultra-Insider" Sportscaster Training program is your sound strategy. That's because it provides you personal access to influential sports broadcasters and principal decision from day one.
An overview of what makes you an "Ultra-Insider"
SMG's mentor-instructors are actual insiders who are working sportscasters. Through your mentor-instructor, you gain access to other influential contacts and decision makers.
- You receive personal, one-on-one guidance - at your pace.
- You receive hands-on, structured learning in a real radio station or with a professional play-by-play announcer.
- You're taught with a sports broadcasting course curriculum that was developed by professional sportscasters (not available in any bookstores).
Other advantages to being an "Ultra Insider" include:
- Personal assistance in creating your demo tape and portfolio
- Cutting edge continuing education opportunities even after your training has ended.
- Available in all 50 states and over 312 markets throughout the U.S and Canada.
- Online seminars - in addition to your training - taught by sports broadcasters and management
- Lifetime Job Placement assistance
Alternative Financing Sources:
- If you're eligible for job training or retraining, many state agencies have available programs that may pay for your training.
- 401K plans may be utilized without penalty for educational purposes
- Employee reimbursement programs - check with your human resources department
- Loans from family members or trusted friends
Here's what you do next
- Submit the Questions/Contact form below, or
- Discover the cost of your "Ultra Insider" tuition and enrollment procedures, or...
- Call our offices between 9am-7pm PST Monday-Friday or 10am-3pm PST Saturday.
If submitting an email request, please specify a convenient time you can be reached to have any further questions addressed. Be assured - a friendly, no pressure SMG advisor will be in touch at the time you request.
Call or email now to discuss how you can become an "Ultra Insider," and take action on becoming a sports broadcaster.