- Sports broadcasting centered
- Hands-on, one-on-one training
- You choose training days & times
- You choose local sports radio station for training
- Access to influential industry contacts
- Lifetime job placement assistance
Special Message To:
How SMG’s Sports Broadcasting School Gets Your Foot in the Door Quicker, Easier and Better Prepared Than the Others
Currently, if you want to attend a sports broadcasting school, you have two primary options:
- Attend a four-year college or university and hope to find an internship that enables you to make the necessary contacts which result in a job. Upon graduation, you will also likely be facing mounting debt that you will have to pay off (your student loans)…even if you can’t find a job.
- Attend SMG, the ONLY vocational all-sports broadcasting school of its kind in the US. SMG utilizes a mentor-apprentice training program for a fraction of the cost of attending college. Here, a working sportscaster serves as your mentor-instructor at a nearby sports radio station of your choosing. Needless to say, inside the sports radio station are the contacts you’ll be making that have the ability to hire you.
While traditional brick and mortar broadcasting schools treat sports broadcasting like a chapter in the book of their overall offerings, at SMG, sports broadcasting is the ENTIRE book.
How Attending an All Sports Broadcasting School Benefits You
There are many different facets to sports broadcasting that can’t possibly be learned in just the few short weeks that traditional broadcasting schools devote to learning the craft of sportscasting.
Even if you are currently unsure where you may fit best in sports broadcasting, SMG offers training in the following areas that will enable you to try them all out before deciding:
- Sports Talk Show Hosting Training
- Play-by-Play Announcer Training
- Color Analyst Training
- Sideline Reporter Training
- Update Anchor Training
What Is The Best Sports Broadcasting School For You?
The best sports broadcasting school for you depends upon your learning style, budget and availability. SMG is well suited for the person who learns best in a hands-on, one-on-one learning environment and who doesn’t have four years and $50,000 or more lying around to pursue their goal of becoming a sports broadcaster.
For the type of learner who does better with lectures, note-taking and group projects, the best sports broadcasting school for them is likely found at a college or university that offers sports broadcasting as a major.
What Else Should I Know About SMG’s Sports Broadcasting School?
- SMG offers 3 years or lifetime job placement assistance for all of our graduates. No college can make that same claim.
- Because you will be in a class of one, you begin your training when it’s convenient for your schedule.
- You choose the days and times that work best for your training.
- You choose a nearby radio station in which you’d like to train.
- No relocation necessary
- Submit a contact form or call the office at 818-879-0858 with any additional questions not answered on this site or when you’re ready to begin.