Quick summary of what’s on this page:
- The role of insider contacts in landing a job as a sportscaster
- How SMG helps you develop a web of contacts
- Why we have you host your own sports radio program
- Why broadcasting employers highly value your SMG diploma
- How mentoring works to teach you sportscasting
- Famous sportscasters who broke in by having mentors
- Why SMG can let you set your own start date and training schedule
- How to find out more without cost or obligation
Because mentoring from a sportscaster enables you to take the fast track into sports broadcasting, while shortening your learning curve.
You’ve got your foot in the door, and are making important contacts from the beginning. While traditional broadcasting school and college graduates are trying to figure out how to become known to important decision-makers inside the sports broadcasting industry, you’re already there!
You’ve already had six months to make a favorable impression on important decision-makers, with an opportunity to prove yourself to those who do the hiring, amongst others.
A good mentor is as valuable for a new sportscaster as a good coach is for an athlete. They want you to succeed, are quick with advice, honest in their critiques, and generous with their networks. Your success is their success.